ASSOCIATES OF ARTS
- Total number of credits required: 60 credits
- General Education Requirements: 24 credits
- Core Courses 24 Credits + Elective Focused 12 Credits
The Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts introduces students to literature, philosophy, social science, and analytical and critical thinking skills, all of which prepare you for lifelong learning and social, cultural, and technological change.
Upon successful program completion, the graduate will be able to:
- Find careers in business, government, and social services agencies like adult and family services, and health and welfare.
- Demonstrate entry level abilities for several different careers, including but not limited to:
a. Preschool teachers and teaching assistants
b. Office and Administrative support staff
c. Human Resource Assistant
d. Social Science Research Assistant
e. Sales representative
- Examine major national and global issues, especially those issues related to cultures, diversity, and technology.
- Adopt an independent view of the world while developing critical, creative thinking, and communication skills.
- Develop awareness of art, history, philosophy, and technology, and the impact these disciplines have on contemporary issues.
- Examine a personal role within a career, local communities, and global communities.
Associate of Arts Liberal Studies Courses
|Course Code||Course Titles||Classroom Hours/Credits|
|LIB101||Introduction to Liberal Studies||3|
|LIB111||Introduction to Urban Studies||3|
|LIB112||Multicultural and Gender Studies||3|
|LIB131||Information Systems and Literacy||3|
|LIB213||Analysis of Contemporary Literature and Film||3|
|LIB221||Reading and Writing in the Humanities||3|
|LIB250||Evolution of Music||3|
|Total Category Hours/ Credits||36|
|General Education Requirements|
|COL105||College Success and Critical Thinking||3|
|Written & Oral Communications||6|
|Arts & Humanities||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||6|
|Physical & Biological Sciences||3|
|Total Category Hours/ Credits||24|
|Total Program Hours/ Credits||60|
Suggested Business Electives
|LIB142||Physics: The World Around You||3|
|LIB231||Famous Trials in American History||3|
|LIB253||Introduction to Research Methods||3|